Miracle Jalapeño Bread is a beautiful bread that will add a little extra zip to all your favorite sandwiches. It’s a great accompaniment to any meal, and it’s delicious toasted and topped with cream cheese.
Yield: 1 loaf of bread/14 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (168g) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup (113g) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. (113.4g) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. (28.4g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. (25g) egg white powder, here’s a link to the brand I use
- 2 tsp. (9.2g) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (56g) pickled hot jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Butter a large loaf pan
- Place the eggs, egg white powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Stir just slightly to combine. The mixture does not need to be smooth or mixed very well. It’s okay if it’s very lumpy as long as all the egg white powder has gotten wet. Scrape any powder that may be on the sides of the bowl back down into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process on high until smooth.
- Place the butter and cream cheese into a large microwaveable bowl. Place the shredded cheese on top of the butter and cream cheese. Microwave the cheese mixture for 1 minute on high. Use a large spoon to mix well.
- Microwave the cheese mixture again for another 30 seconds. on high. Mix well until everything has melted and is evenly combined in the bowl.
- Carefully transfer the cheese mixture into the bowl of the food processor with the eggs.
- Process on high until you have a smooth, thick batter that resembles pancake batter. Set aside for now.
- Place the jalapeños inside of some paper toweling on a clean, sturdy surface. Use additional paper toweling to blot the moister and juices out of the jalapeños. Repeat until you have removed all of the liquid from the peppers.
- Place the drained peppers onto a cutting board. Then, using a sharp knife, finely dice them into very tiny pieces.
- Add the diced jalapeños to the bread batter in the food processor, and pulse once or twice to evenly incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place the loaf pan on a sturdy baking sheet, and place it in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center of the bread comes out dry. The bread will be a dark golden brown.
- Place the loaf pan on a wire rack to cool until it has cooled enough to handle.
- Use a rubber spatula around the edges of the loaf pan to release the bread from the pan.
- Remove the bread by careful inverting the pan over your work surface.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
- Use a serrated bread knife to slice the bread into 14 even slices, about 1/2″-3/4″ thick.
- Store the bread in a plastic storage bag in the refrigerator. Leave the bag partially opened until it has reached refrigerator temperature.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know in the comments. Feel free to like, share and rate it as well!