Cloud bread is great for sandwiches. It’s simple, quick, and convient to make. I love it because 2 slices have less than 1 gram of carbs. I use cloud bread to make everything, from cream cheese and lox to turkey sandwiches. It’s even great for grilled cheese!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate the eggs into two bowls.
3. Add the sour cream to the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites. Use an electric beater to whip the whites into stiff peaks.
5. Fold half the whites into the yolks until just combined. Add the rest of the whites and fold until incorporated.
6. Using a small cup or ladle, drop six dollops of the batter onto your lined baking sheet (about 1/2 cup per dollop).
7. Using the bottom of the cup or ladle, spread out the dollops to make them each into about 1/2″ thick circle.
8. Bake them for 30 minutes or until they are golden.
9. Allow them to cool for about one hour. (They come out of the oven crispy, and then soften and become more pliable as they cool.)