Chicken enveloped in creamy, cheesy, deliciousness, combined with just the right amount of garlicky ranch sauce, and topped with loads of crunchy bacon! Need I say more?
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for the Garlicky Ranch Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/2 cup water, reserved
Ingredients for the casserole:
- 2 lb or 5 1/4 cups of cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- To make the Garlicky Ranch Sauce, combine the sour cream with all the herbs and spices, in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl, and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove the ranch sauce from the refrigerator. Whisk in the 1/2 cup of water. You may need a little more or less water, depending on the thickness of your sour cream. The finished consistency of your sauce should be that of a thick salad dressing.
- Measure out a 1/2 cup of the ranch sauce and reserve for later.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- Toss the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside, until needed.
- Spread the chopped chicken evenly across the bottom of your pan.
- Using a spoon, top the chicken with all but the reserved 1/2 cup of the Garlicky Ranch Sauce. Make sure to spread the sauce evenly across the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the combined cheeses evenly over the top of the chicken and ranch sauce.
- Use a large spoon to drizzle the reserved 1/2 cup of Garlicky Ranch Sauce over the top of the cheese, in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top of the casserole.
- Place the casserole into the center of the preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
- You’re welcome!