Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Serving size: 1 tbsp.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, washed and picked through
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. + 2 tsp. pectin
- 3 tbsp. + 1 tsp. natural, non-GMO granular erythritol
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients into a 4 qt. sauce pan.
- Bring to a full boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat to achieve a fast simmer. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 15-20 minutes. While the jam is cooking, use a spoon to remove any pink foam that gathers on the surface of the jam.
- The jam is done cooking when it’s similar in thickness to cream of wheat, your spoon leaves a vanishing trail in the jam when you drag it through, and it is no longer producing pink foam.
- When the jam is done, remove it from the heat.
- Allow the jam to cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes before placing it, uncovered, into the refrigerator to cool.
- When the jam is completely cool, place it into a covered jar or container, and store it in the refrigerator.