Today I’m sharing my simple recipe for a fresh-tasting homemade Pico de Gallo sauce.
It’s delicious with taco meat, chicken, and fish. It makes a great dip for your pork rinds too! It comes together so quickly, and it’s a great way to make use of all those tomatoes that you may be harvesting from your garden right now.
This recipe makes five cups of mild, flavorful Pico de Gallo Sauce, which is basically an uncooked salsa. Feel free to halve the recipe if you don’t need that much.
- 2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- the juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Ancho Chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- a pinch of ground cumin
- a pinch of Chipolte Chile powder, (add more if you like things spicey)
- To start, fit the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl.
- Lock the lid in place and pulse until you have a chunky salsa.
- Remove the blade and transfer the salsa into clean mason jars.
- Cap them and refrigerate overnight. On the next day, you’ll have a fabulous Pico de Gallo that you can enjoy with all your favorite Mexican foods!