While this tasty lamb dish is super simple to make, it’s fancy enough to serve to important guests or as a romantic dinner with someone special.
- 2 1/2 lb boneless leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Place the lamb, fat side up, in a roasting pan.
- Pour the lemon juice over the top of the lamb.
- Evenly sprinkle the meat with the spices.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pour the water into a corner of the pan. The water should be about 1/2″ deep around the meat.
- Place the pan onto the center rack of the preheated oven. Cook for approx. 2 hours, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 160° F. Boneless leg of lamb generally cooks for about 30 minutes per pound.
- When the meat is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Leftover lamb is delicious served cold with some spicy brown mustard.