These pancakes are delicious, filling, and very easy to make.
In my house they don’t last very long, but if you do find yourself with leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator or freezer for another day. When you’d like pancakes again, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to reheat.
Yield: about 20 pancakes
Serving size: 5 pancakes
- 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 3/8 cup coconut flour
- Soften the entire opened jar of coconut butter for about 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave. Mix well.
- Place the eggs, coconut butter, vanilla, and milk into a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Whisk again to thoroughly combine.
- Heat your non-stick pan or griddle to about 350° F.
- Place your oil in the pan to melt, and coat the surface.
- Use a ladle to pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter for each pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles cover the top. Flip the pancakes over, and cook until cooked through and golden on both sides.