Soft, buttery, and so satisfying, these country biscuits are the real deal!
Yield: 6 Biscuits
Serving size: 1 Biscuit
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 3 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease the sides of an 8″ cake pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place the almond flour and the butter into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until the butter and flour combine into a course meal.
- Add in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, egg whites, and heavy cream. Pulse to combine. The batter will be very thin.
- Add in the coconut flour. Pulse to thoroughly combine. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop about 1/4 cup of batter into the inside edge of the cake pan. Continue dropping scoops of the batter in a circle around the edge of the pan, spacing each biscuit about 1″ apart. Drop the last biscuit in the center of the pan.
- Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven, and bake for about 20-22 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes, before removing the biscuits and gently separating them from each other.
- Serve warm.