A simple to make yet elegant dessert that is sure to please. This delectable cheesecake will impress even your most discerning guest.
Yield: 12 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rum
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup natural, non-GMO granular erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 8 oz softened cream cheese,
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- pignolias (optional)
- fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9″ springform pan.
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, erythritol, and salt at high speed until foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ricotta, cream cheese, zest, and rum to the egg mixture, and mix on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about another 2 minutes.
- Place the springform pan on to a baking sheet, and pour the batter into the pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until the edges are set and lightly golden brown. The center should still be a bit jiggly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with fresh berries and pine nuts (pignolias) if desired.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.