This salad is refreshing, and has a bright, crisp flavor.
Yield: 6 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 2/3 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced into rounds, and cut in half
- 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds and cut in half
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- extra salt and pepper, optional
- Place the first seven ingredients into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade.
- Begin blending. While the processor is running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube, into the bowl.
- Blend for a few seconds, until the dressing is thoroughly combined and becomes opaque.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl, and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.