Yield: 1 Mug
In this recipe, the hot cocoa is meant to be rich and strong, like a cup of black coffee. You can drink it in place of your morning coffee. Raw cacao is loaded with antioxidants and phytonutrients, it’s anti-inflammatory properties make it good for your cardiovascular health, and it’s a good source of magnesium too!
- 1 tbsp. organic raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup filtered hot water
- optional ingredients: 1-2 dashes of cinnamon, a drop of mint extract, unsweetened whipped cream
- In a large cup or mug, mix the raw cacao powder and heavy cream, until well combined and smooth.
- Mix in mint extract or cinnamon if desired.
- Pour in enough hot water to fill the mug.
- Stir again, and top with unsweetened whipped cream and cinnamon, if you wish.