These waffles may be the best you’ve ever tasted. They’re thick, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. They freeze well, and can be toasted straight from the freezer. Once you’ve had them, they’ll be the only waffles for you!
Yield: 16 waffles
- 4 cups almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 dashes of ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of dairy or non-dairy milk
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to combine the eggs, vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter for each waffle, onto the cooking surface of the waffle iron.
- Cook per manufacturer’s instructions, or for approximately 5 minutes until there is no longer steam coming from the waffle iron.
- Repeat steps 4-6, until you run out of batter.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
These are even more incredible when served with pancake syrup.