Pillowy muffins with sweet juicy blueberries.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. organic coconut butter
- 3/4 cup dairy or non dairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. + 1/2 tbsp. natural, non-GMO granular erythritol
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup blueberries, picked through and washed
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Use baking cups to line a 12 cup standard muffin tin.
- Soften the entire opened jar of coconut butter for about 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave. Mix well.
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, coconut butter, milk, vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp. of the erythritol at high speed until foamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the egg mixture, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Use a fork to mash 1/4 cup of the blueberries.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the crushed berries, and the remaining 1/2 cup of whole blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Divide the batter evenly among the cups, and make sure to get some blueberries into each one.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tbsp. of erythritol over the top of the muffins.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.