What makes this crust unique are the ingredients. Instead of bread or cheese, I use a mixture of spices, cheese, and ground turkey. It’s easy to make, and so good too. The flavor combination reminds me a lot of hot meatball subs.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
- 20 oz ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the ground turkey and cheese into a large bowl. Sprinkle the meat to your liking, with each of the seasonings. Mix well to combine.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, shape the ground turkey mixture into a pizza crust that is about 1/2″ thick.
- Place the paper with the crust into a rimmed backing pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and drain off any excess grease from the meat.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings. The one pictured above was a simple combination of unsweetened tomato basil sauce and more mozzarella.
- Return to the oven, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.