These lightly sweet, cookie-sized little breads are sure to become an all-time snack favorite. With cream cheese sandwiched between them they are absolutely addictive! Have little cream cheese sandwiches along with a cup of coffee or tea for a truly satisfying, guilt-free snack.
Yield: 40 pieces
Serving size: 8 pieces
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tsp. natural, non-GMO granular erythritol, plus extra for sprinkling
- Cinnamon powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Add in the cream cheese, vanilla, and erythritol. Beat until fully combined. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a separate small bowl with the cream of tartar.
- Use an electric beater to whip the whites into stiff peaks. The egg whites should be so thick they won’t fall out of the bowl if you turned it upside down, and should resemble whipped cream.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolks. Go slowly and carefully as to not break down the egg whites. Keep folding until there are no longer any visible lines of dark yellow in the batter. The batter itself should be a pale yellow color.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with more erythritol. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-17 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the tops are lightly golden.
- Place the cookie sheet onto a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Once the snacking bread is completely cool, use a metal spatula to carefully remove them from the parchment paper onto a clean plate.
- Repeat steps 7-11 until you have baked off all of the batter.
- Refrigerate the completely cooled bread in a zipper lock bag for a couple of hours before eating. The bread firms up nicely under refrigeration.
- Store any leftover snacking bread in a zipper lock bag in the refrigerator.