These salmon patties are super easy to throw together for a quick, delicious meal. They’re made with everyday ingredients like canned salmon, cheese, and egg, and they’re ready to eat and enjoy in just minutes! This recipe makes a single serving, but you can easily multiply the recipe up to feed the entire family.
Yield: 1 serving
Serving size: 5 patties
- 2 cans (5 oz each) boneless, skinless salmon
- 1 large egg
- 3/8 cup shredded cheese of choice (I use pepper jack)
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. mustard powder
- a dash of smoked paprika
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter, oil, or bacon grease
- Open the cans of salmon. Drain the liquid from the can, rinse the salmon under cool water, and drain again.
- Place all the ingredients except the oil into a bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Use your hands to form small, compressed patties out of the salmon mixture. The patties should be about 2 1/2″to 3″ across.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the patties in one at a time. Do not crowd the pan.
- Cook the patties for a few minutes, flipping them halfway through, until both sides are golden brown.
- Place the salmon patties onto plates lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.