The quintessential romantic treat for that special someone, on that special day.
Yield: about 18 large strawberries
Serving size: 1 berry
- 1 lb. large ripe organic strawberries
- ¼ cup of full fat, canned, organic coconut milk
- 2 ¼ tsp organic, extra virgin coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 3 oz. of 88% cacao dark chocolate, chopped up or broken into small pieces
- Rinse the strawberries, and pat them dry with paper toweling.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl.
- Place the milk and oil into a sauce pan. Warm the milk mixture over a medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges, but do not allow it to come to a boil.
- Pour the heated milk mixture over the chocolate in the bowl and mix constantly, until all the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Holding the berries by their green tops, dip them one by one into the chocolate and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the berries have been dipped into chocolate, place the baking sheet full of berries into the refrigerator to harden for an hour or two.
- Once the chocolate has set, you can store the berries between layers of parchment paper, in a closed container in the refrigerator.