I make this bread all the time. It has a nice texture. It goes well with meals, it toasts great, and you can make sandwiches with it, too.
Yield: 1 loaf, (approx. 16 slices of bread)
Serving size: 2 slices
- 2 cups almond meal/flour, packed
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tsp. aluminum free baking soda
- 3 tbsp. flax meal
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. organic raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp. filtered water
- sesame seeds for the top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl. Pulse until well combined.
- Use a cake spatula to scoop the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Wet your hands under cold running water. Use your wet fingers to gently smooth the top of the bread into a loaf shape, and to smooth the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack until almost completely cool.
- Place the loaf on a cutting board. Cut into slices, using a serrated bread knife.
- Stagger the slices so they can finish cooling completely.
- Store the completely cooled slices on a piece of paper toweling, inside an air tight container, in the refrigerator.