With bite-sized cubes of fresh, crunchy cucumber coated in a thick, creamy onion and dill dressing, this delicious salad is just what you’ll crave on a hot summer day. Have it as a side, or toss in some protein for an easy, light meal.
Yield: 4 cups
Serving size: 1 cup
- 3 medium cucumbers (approx. 21 oz or 595g)
- 3/4 cup (172.5g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. (5g) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. (2.5g) dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. (1g) dried dill
- salt and ground black pepper
- Rinse the cucumbers under cool water. Peel them and slice them into quarters. Cut the quarters into bite-sized cubes.
- To make the dressing, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, chives, and dill in a large bowl.
- Add the cubed cucumbers to the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours to allow the flavors to develop and marry.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.