Delicate ginger cookies filled with delightful pineapple cream.
Yield: 27 sandwich cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural, non-GMO granulated erythritol
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Ingredients for the buttercream:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pure pineapple extract
- 7 tbsp. natural, non-GMO powdered/confectioners erythritol
- 6 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer on medium-low speed, cream the butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs in 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat well to combine.
- Take rounded teaspoons of the dough, and roll it into balls. Lay them about 2″ apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Use your fingertips to flatten each cookie to a thickness of about 1/4″.
- Gently press the tines of a fork that’s been dipped in water around the edges of each cookie, to decorate, if desired.
- Place the cookie sheet into the center of your preheated oven, and bake for 7-8 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, before using a metal spatula to gently remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the buttercream as follows:
- Place the softened butter in a bowl with the pineapple extract. Use an electric hand mixer on medium to beat until fluffy.
- Add in the erythritol, and beat again to combine. Gradually add in the heavy cream a little at a time, beating after each addition.
- To assemble the cookies: place a cookie topside down on a plate, and place a rounded teaspoonful of buttercream on the center of the cookie. Top with another cookie. Press down gently to evenly distribute the buttercream inside the sandwich.
- Store the cookies and any leftover buttercream in covered containers, in the refrigerator.