This recipe is great for those times when you don’t want to fuss, but you still want a meal that tastes like you did. This recipe creates a tender, juicy pork roast with a bright, lively flavor. This roast is flavorful, but not spicy. If you’d like more heat, either increase the ancho chili powder, or swap it out for some chipotle powder.
Yields: about 28 oz of meat
Serving size: 4 oz
- 2 lb boneless center cut pork loin
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ancho chili powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Place the pork into a small roasting pan, and set on the side.
- Place all the remaining ingredients, except for the water, in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Use a spoon to spread the lime juice-spice mixture evenly over the top of the roast.
- Pour the water into a corner of the pan. The water should be about 1/2″ deep around the meat.
- Place the pan onto the center rack of the preheated oven, and cook for about 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast reads 175° F.
- Remove the roast from the oven, and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot or chilled.