You’ll fall in love with how quick and simple it is to make this elegant side dish. Haricot vert (french green beans) are enveloped in the silkiest of creamy pesto sauces, making this such an exquisite dish. Far superior to the usual green bean casserole, this side will turn any meal into a fine dining experience.
Yield: about 7 servings (789.79g)
Serving size: 1/2 cup (120g)
- 1 lb. (453.59g) fresh or frozen, whole haricot vert (French green beans)
- 1 cup (238g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. (14.2g) salted butter
- 1/4 cup (84g) spinach walnut pesto, click here for recipe
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Cook the green beans, taking care not to overcook them. They should be tender with a slight bite while retaining a fresh green color.
- Drain them and set them aside.
- Cook the cream in a large frying pan over medium heat for three minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add in the butter and continue cooking and stirring for one to two more minutes until the butter has melted.
- Add the pesto to the cream sauce and mix well to incorporate.
- Add in the reserved green beans and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes or grated parmesan cheese if desired.