Because each bite is packed with big flavor, this bread is the perfect snack for game day. It’s also great with soup, salad, or chili. Cut them into squares instead of strips, and you have hamburger or sandwich buns with pizzazz! You’ll probably want to make more than one batch because these will go fast. That’s okay though, because they’re so easy to make!
Yield: 12 Breadsticks
Serving size: 1 Breadstick
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tsp. freeze dried chives
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- dried parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease the sides of a 9″x 13″ baking pan with butter. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the parsley, into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Blend until it resembles a smooth, thick cheese dip.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape all the batter into your prepared baking pan. Use the spatula to smooth the batter to the edges, evenly across the pan.
- Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes, until the bread is set and lightly golden brown across the top.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the top with dried parsley to garnish. Place the pan on a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Finish cooling in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the refrigerator. Run a spatula along the edges of the pan to loosen the bread.
- Using the corners of the parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan, and place paper side up on a clean cutting surface.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the bread in half the short way, then cut each half into 6 long strips.