Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
- 12 oz. (340.2g) frozen spinach
- 5 oz. (141.75g) sliced Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups (453.6g) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.58g) pepper
- 1/8 tsp. (1.16g) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. (9g) dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. (1.15g) paprika
- dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 10″ quiche dish.
- Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much liquid from the spinach as possible. This is best done by taking small handfuls and squeezing out the juice over the sink. Place the drained spinach into a clean bowl during this process.
- When all the spinach is fully drained, transfer it to the bottom of the prepared quiche dish.
- Using a fork, spread the spinach evenly across the bottom of the dish
- .Lay the slices of cheese evenly across the top of the spinach. Use your fingers to push the cheese down gently.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Whisk well to integrate fully.
- Pour the mixture over the cheese in the quiche dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the quiche generously with the dried parsley.
- Place the quiche into the center of the preheated oven to bake for approximately 40 minutes until the quiche has set and is a lovely golden brown. Allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This quiche can be enjoyed as a delicious side dish or as a meal.