Tender vanilla cake topped with a silky strawberry cheesecake frosting makes this dessert an absolute dream.
Yield: 14 cupcakes
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. natural, non-GMO granular erythritol
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. natural, non-GMO confectioners/powdered erythritol
- 5 oz fresh strawberries (about 5 large)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Line a standard cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour and the baking powder. Whisk well to break up any clumps and to incorporate.
- In a smaller bowl, cream the butter with the erythritol.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs, cream, and yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix well to fully incorporate.
- Use a spoon to fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean and the cupcake springs back when pressed gently.
- Place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting as described below.
- Place the strawberries, water, and vanilla into a blender. Blend until the strawberries are puréed.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl. Place the strawberry purée into the strainer. Use a spoon to stir the purée. The purée will fill the bowl, leaving the strawberry seeds in the strainer. Discard the seeds, and set the purée aside for now.
- Place the softened cream cheese and the erythritol into a bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric hand mixer until fluffy. Gradually add in the softened butter a little at a time, until the butter and cream cheese are well combined, smooth, and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the strawberry purée, a little at a time, until you have a silky, fluffy frosting.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, spoon or pipe the frosting onto each cupcake. If the frosting is to soft to frost with, refrigerate it for 20-30 minutes.