All the best parts of the pizza, without the carb-heavy crust.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lb cooked Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried parsley
- a pinch of dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and basil. Set aside for now.
- Spread the sausage meat evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Use a pastry brush to brush all of the melted butter mixture evenly across the top of the meat.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Arrange the sliced pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Place the casserole into the center of the preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted into the meat.
- Serve immediately.
- Omit the garlic butter, and top the sausage with your favorite pizza sauce.
- Add any of your favorite pizza toppings to the top before baking.