This pizza crust is very good. The edges are crispy, and each slice can stand up to a lot of extra toppings. When I served it to my 8-year-old nephew (a true pizza connoisseur,) he proclaimed with some amazement and excitement that it was just like pizza from the pizza parlor! So, on those days when it’s pizza that you really want, enjoy.
Yield: 1 large pie crust
Serving Size: 1/8
• 2 cups almond meal
• 2 tbsp. coconut flour
• 1 tsp. aluminum free baking soda
• 3 tbsp. flax meal
• ½ tsp. salt
• Optional: Italian seasoning to taste
• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsp. organic raw apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp. filtered water
• ¼ cup almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a large pizza pan with parchment paper. Make sure that none of the paper is projecting out past the edge of the pan as it may burn.
- Grease the parchment paper with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place all the dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl. Pulse until well combined.
- Using wet hands, spread the dough evenly over the prepared pizza pan to form a large pizza crust that is 1/8”-1/4” thick.
- Place the crust onto the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to 425°F.
- While the crust is cooling, you can get your pizza toppings ready.
- Remove the parchment paper from underneath the crust. Top the crust with your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Return the pizza to the center rack of the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.