Here’s another delicious dish that’s really simple to put together quickly for a great family meal. It makes its own rich sauce as it cooks. It’s a show stopper that your friends and family will absolutely love.
Yields: 8 portions
Serves: 4-6 people
- 16 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 slices of deli ham
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 oz. of salted butter, divided into 8 equal pieces
- salt and pepper
- Optional: grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Optional: juice of one lemon
- Grease a 14.5″ x 11″ non-stick pan with butter, and preheat the oven to 400° F.
- One by one, place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and pound them flat with a meat mallet.
- Lay 8 of the flattened thighs side by side in the greased pan, and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top each seasoned thigh with a half a slice of swiss cheese, a folded over slice of ham, and another half a slice of cheese.
- Place a second chicken thigh on top of each chicken, cheese, and ham stack to form 8 portions. Season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a piece of butter on top of each portion.
- Pour the lemon juice, if you’re using it, evenly over the top of the chicken portions.
- Place the pan of thighs into the center of the preheated oven. and cook for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F or higher.
- Serve hot. Top each portion with some of the melted butter sauce, and some grated Parmesan or Romano cheese if desired.