These sausage patties are tasty and easy to make. The’re much better than store bought, and they contain zero sugars or fillers.
Breakfast sausages are traditionally made with ground pork, but you can make them with any ground meat that you prefer. I made them with ground lamb this time, because that’s what I happened to have on hand. The nutritional information is therefore based on using ground lamb.
Yields: 12 patties
- 2 lb ground meat
- 2 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Place all the ingredients onto a large cutting board. Use your hands to mix and knead the meat, herbs, and spices together. Keep going until the herbs and spices are evenly disbursed throughout the meat.
- Gather the meat into a large ball, and place into a large bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for one hour.
- After an hour, remove the meat from the refrigerator. With your hands, form the meat into equal 12 patties.
- Cook the patties in a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through. You can also cook them in an air fryer if you choose, in the same manner as you would hamburgers.
- Cooled leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator, or frozen.