Caught somewhere between a souffle and a quiche, this casserole is pure cheesy comfort food. It’s hearty, filling, and oh so satisfying!
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 8 large eggs
- 9 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 5 oz sheep milk feta, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 2 1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- Brown the ground lamb, and spices if using, in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Spoon the lamb into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Pressing down gently, place the slices of mozzarella evenly across the top of the meat. I used pre-sliced mozzarella. If you have an unsliced log, cut it into 1/4″ thick slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and eggs until smooth.
- Mix the crumbled feta into the egg and yogurt mixture, and pour it evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 90 minutes, or until fully set and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.