Here’s another great recipe with basic pantry ingredients that you’re likely to have on hand. This cheesy, gooey, comfort food can easily transition from a favorite snack into a fun meal! Serve with cheese chips, vegetable sticks, or pork rinds for a crowd-pleasing snack. Serve hot over biscuits, broccoli spears, cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or lettuce boats, for a fun family meal. Served cold, it’s a delightful twist on chicken salad!
Yield: 4 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- (3) 5 oz cans of chicken breast in water, or leftover cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 5 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp. dried chives or green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Reserve 2 oz of shredded cheddar for the topping.
- Mix the remaining 3 oz of cheddar with all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a shallow 1.8 qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle the reserved 2 oz of cheddar evenly across the top.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are a light golden brown.