This taco chicken is exploding with flavor, and comes together in minutes. It’s so delicious, Taco Tuesday will never be the same! Serve with Flourless Tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, and all your favorite Mexican toppings. This chicken also makes an excellent taco bowl or taco salad, and goes great with Guacamole.
Serves: 3 people
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3/4 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- salt & black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Slice the chicken into strips, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken to the skillet. Cook, stirring and turning the chicken until it’s cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the heat, and drain any excess liquid from the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the herbs and spices over the chicken. Stir well to combine.
- Add the water to the pan, and stir well again.
- Cover the skillet, and return it to a medium-high heat.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, and cook for about 2 minutes. Uncover the pan, and continue to cook, stirring constantly for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.