Coffee ice cream is a favorite in our house. This delicious coffee ice cream has the perfect balance of richness and flavor that any coffee ice cream connoisseur will appreciate!
As I did in my Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream recipe, I used powdered egg yolks to make this flavor. I love that using this product is so convenient and saves me steps without sacrificing flavor or texture.
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup powdered egg yolks
- 2 cups pasteurized heavy whipping cream, without additives
- 1 cup of strong black coffee, cooled
- 5 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp. natural, non-GMO confectioners/powdered erythritol
- In a large bowl, combine the powdered egg yolks with 5 tbsps of water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and the cooled coffee to the egg yolks, one cup at a time. Whisk well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and the powdered erythritol into the bowl. Whisk again to combine all the ingredients.
- Using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed, whip the ice cream base until it is frothy and thick. Do not whip it to the point of becoming whipped cream.
- Chill the ice cream base in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After the ice cream base has chilled, pour it into your ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer’s directions for ice cream making.
- Place the finished ice cream into a covered freezer-safe container and freeze for an hour or two.
- Enjoy your delicious coffee ice cream!