I love the way the flavors of the lemon, garlic, olive oil, and spices blend together in this simple to make entree. Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water. It’s a perfect dish to cook for guests, or for family. I’d enjoy having the leftovers for lunch, but there is rarely even a lemon peel remaining after I serve this for dinner. If you like lemon and garlic the way that I do, this is the chicken dish for you! Enjoy!
Yield: 5 Servings
Serving size: 2 thighs
10 organic chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. turmeric
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 bell pepper, cut into 1″ strips
1/2 a large sweet onion, cut into 1″ wedges
1 fresh lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the thighs in the dish, and brush them with the lemon juice mixture.
- Place the peppers, onions, and lemon slices into the bowl with the remaining juice mixture, and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables and lemon slices on top of the chicken, and pour the juice over the top.
- Bake in the center rack of your oven for 30 minutes. Baste the chicken and vegetables with the pan drippings, and continue to cook for about another 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The thighs should reach above 165 F on a meat thermometer, and the juices should run clear.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Please share and like on Facebook, follow me on twitter, and subscribe to this website.