This keto pasta dish is rich, creamy, and satisfying. The sauce is so good you maybe tempted to eat it with a spoon!
Yield: 3 servings pasta & 5 servings sauce
Ingredients for the fettuccine:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
Ingredients for the cream sauce:
- 4 oz butter
- 3 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions to make the fettuccine:
- Grease a 14.5″ x 11″ non-stick pan with butter, and preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Place the eggs and softened cream cheese into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade. Blend until the mixture is smooth, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the batter is just set and pulling away from the edges of the pan.
- Remove the pasta from the oven, and let cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently roll up the pasta and place it on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the pasta into 1/8″ slices. Unroll the slices, and set aside.
Directions for the sauce:
- Place the egg yolk into a small bowl and beat gently. Reserve.
- Clean the mushrooms. Slice them and cut the slices in half.
- Place the butter into a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan, and cook until the mushrooms are fully cooked and tender.
- Add in the half and half, and bring it to a simmer.
- Temper the egg yolk in the bowl, by quickly adding in and beating a few small spoonfuls of the hot half and half. Repeat this process one more time, then pour the tempered yolk into the pan and whisk quickly. (This is done to prevent the egg yolk from cooking and clumping.)
- Add the grated cheese and black pepper into the pan and quickly whisk again to combine.
- Toss the desired amount of pasta and sauce together. Top with additional grated cheese and fresh parsley.