A delicious dinner can be on the table in just a few minutes with this simple Italian classic recipe.
Yield: 1 1/2 lb. Sausage Meat
- 2 lb ground pork, or ground meat of choice
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Combine all the herbs and spices in a small bowl or cup. Set aside for now.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use your fingers to crumble the ground pork into the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved spices over the top of the meat.
- Use a large spoon to stir the spices into the meat. Continue cooking, stirring, and breaking apart the meat, until the meat is almost cooked through.
- Cover the meat, and continue cooking until it’s completely cooked through.
- Strain the excess liquid from the pan.