This bright flavored pesto makes a great topping for fish, chicken, or lamb. It also makes a fantastic dip for fresh vegetables or cold cooked shrimp.
Yield: 1 Cup
Serving Size: 1 Tbs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, packed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Place basil, spinach, garlic, and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- With the processor on puree, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube until the pesto is thoroughly pureed.
- Add the Parmesan and pepper, puree for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer, in a tightly covered container.