This Broccoli Cheddar Quiche makes a nice meal because the traditional heavy cream has been swapped out in favor of some protein-rich cottage cheese. Two servings make a filling and nutritious breakfast. One serving, with a salad, makes a great lunch.
My daughter Rachel told me she likes this version so much, she could easily see it satisfying a craving for mac n cheese!
If you’d like a more traditional style quiche, use 1 1/2 cups heavy cream in place of the cottage cheese.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
12 ounces of frozen organic broccoli florets, thawed and drained
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups full fat cottage cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp mustard powder
black pepper to taste
paprika to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 10″ quiche dish.
- Spread the broccoli evenly on the bottom of the quiche dish.
- Layer all of the cheese evenly over the broccoli.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the eggs, salt, pepper, mustard powder, and paprika.
- Carefully fold in the cottage cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the rest of the quiche.
- Evenly sprinkle some more paprika over the top.
- Place the quiche on the center rack of the preheated oven, and cook for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator, after it has fully cooled.