You’ll love how simple it is to make this delicious dessert recipe. This dense, creamy custard was inspired by the warm, rich flavors of cinnamon buns fresh from the oven.
Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 large eggs
- 11 oz very soft cream cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp. of natural, non-GMO granular erythritol, or to taste*
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract*
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon*
*Note: For strict carnivores, the sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon are optional. Without them you will still have a nice custard, but the taste will change depending on which ingredients you remove.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Starting with the eggs and water, place all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking dish. I used a 7 cup glass dish.
- Place the baking dish into a cake pan. Add water to the cake pan, until the water is about half way up the inside of the cake pan. Do not get any water in the custard.
- Place the whole thing into the center of your preheated oven, and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the custard is golden brown on top and has set completely.
- Place the finished custard on a wire rack to cool for about 1/2 hour, or until it is cool enough to handle.
- This dessert may be served warm or chilled.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- Store any leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator.