This stuffing is irresistible. It’s moist and bursting with all the flavor you’d expect from a really great stuffing. In fact, you may decide it’s the best stuffing you’ve ever eaten!
Yield: 6 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- *optional: 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots (omit these if you’re diabetic)
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp. hemp seed hearts
- 3 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1 large egg
- salt & pepper
- Butter a casserole dish, and preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the first six ingredients into a 3 quart sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the broth or water to the pan, and remove from the heat.
- Stir the almond flour, hemp seed hearts, parsley, and sage into the liquid in the pan.
- Add in the egg, mixing well to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the stuffing into the prepared casserole dish. Do not pat down or flatten the stuffing with the spoon. (This will preserve the stuffing’s fluffy texture when baking.)
- Cover the dish and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the stuffing has risen and firmed up.
- Continue to bake uncovered for about 20-30 more minutes, or until the stuffing is a light golden brown.