A generous helping of creamy, homemade vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two delectable chocolate brownies is what makes these ice cream sandwiches so special. Make this recipe so you can grab a delicious ice cream sandwich anytime you like and enjoy to your heart’s content because, at only six carbs per serving, it’s a summertime treat you can feel good about!
Yield: 6 Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving size: 1 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (112g) super fine almond flour, click here for the brand I use
- 1/2 cup (113.5g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. (5g) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (21.5g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp. (1.5g) instant coffee
- 1/8 tsp. (0.72) salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) natural, non-GMO granular erythritol, click here for the brand I use
- 2 1/2 cups (167.5) Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, click here for the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line two 8″x8″ (20.32 cm x 20.32 cm) baking pans with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter to a bowl.
- Crack 3 large eggs into the bowl, add in the vanilla and the instant coffee. Whisk well to combine.
- Add in the erythritol and whisk again.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, sift the cocoa powder, almond flour, and salt into the pan. Whisk well to combine.
- Get the prepared baking pans and add 1 cup of brownie batter to each one. Divide the remaining batter evenly between both pans.
- Use a spoon to spread the batter evenly across the bottom of each pan. Paying special attention to the edges and corners.
- Place the pans in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about ten minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center just comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies for about 30 minutes, until completely cooled.
- Remove 1 tray of brownies from the pan and invert them on to a cutting board. Remove the parchment paper.
- Using a ruler to measure, cut the brownies down the center with a sharp knife. Next cut each half into thirds. Carefully place the cut sections onto a plate and repeat the process with the remaining tray of brownies.
- When you’ve finished, cover the plate with plastic wrap or place the brownies into an airtight container, until they are needed.
- Once again line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon 2 ½ cups of Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream into the pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the ice cream evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Freeze the ice cream for 1-2 hours, until it’s solid enough to cut.
- Once the ice cream is solid, arrange the brownies on a large plate or tray so they can be filled. Get the ice cream and using the parchment paper remove it from the pan.
- Peel down the paper and slice the ice cream into bars, using the same method that we used to slice the brownies earlier.
- Working quickly, use a spatula to place each ice cream bar onto a brownie and top it with another brownie.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches into the freezer for an hour or so, until they’re solid.
- Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and return them to the freezer.