This creamy, cheesy hamburger skillet is a pan full of deliciousness. True comfort food for those who want to eat great without breaking the budget.
If you follow a carnivore diet, make the recipe as written. If you follow a ketogenic diet, feel free to add in your favorite spices, toppings, and veggies.
Yield: 5 cups
Serving size: 1 cup
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus some for garnish
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use your fingers to crumble the ground beef into the pan.
- Use a large spoon to stir and cook the meat. Continue cooking, stirring, and breaking apart the meat, until the meat is almost cooked through.
- Cover the meat, and continue cooking until it’s completely cooked through.
- Turn off the burner.
- Strain the excess liquid from the pan.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese with the hot meat, until it is all melted.
- Add in the cheese. Mix well, until everything is melted together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with additional cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.