These grain-free, flourless sandwich buns have only 1 carb each, and they make the best sandwiches. Slice them in half and fill them with your favorite lunch meats, cheeses, leftovers, and salads. For breakfast on the go, they are delicious filled with cream cheese and smoked salmon, or sausage patties and cheese. They also make the perfect bun for your burger!
Yield: 6 buns
Serving size: 1 bun
- 4 large eggs
- 10 large egg yolks
- 1 oz. salted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Butter 6 cups of a muffin-top mold. If your mold is silicon, place it on a baking sheet for stability.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, baking powder, and butter into a large bowl.
- Whisk well, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large measuring cup. This will make distributing the batter into the muffin-top cups easier and less messy.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 6 prepared cups.
- Place the buns into the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. They should be golden brown.
- Place the buns on a cooling rack until they are just cool enough to safely remove from the mold but still hot.
- Allow them to cool completely before storing.
- Store cooled sandwich buns in a covered container or zippered bag in the refrigerator.
- These sandwich buns may be eaten warm, cold, or at room temperature.