This flavorful homestyle meatloaf has been a family favorite in my house for many years. It’s got the perfect combination of herbs and spices inside, and the glaze is my sweet, tangy barbecue sauce.
Yield: 6 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
- 2lb. (907.18g) ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. (0.75g) dried parsley
- 1 1/4 tsp. (3g) onion powder
- 1 tsp. (5g) spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp. (1.55g) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. (0.13g) oregano
- 1 cup (384g) of my Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and butter a medium-sized casserole pan.
- Place the beef, eggs, parsley, onion powder, mustard, garlic powder, oregano, and two tablespoons of barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Pat the meat mixture down to form an even layer across the pan.
- Cover tightly with the casserole lid or with aluminum foil.
- Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for one hour.
- Uncover the meatloaf and carefully strain any extra liquid from the pan. Spoon the remaining barbecue sauce over the top of the meat.
- Return to the oven uncovered for another 20-25 minutes or until the barbecue sauce has formed a nice glaze.
- Serve immediately.