This delicious ice cream has everything you’d expect from a scoop of good, old-fashioned vanilla ice cream. You’ll love the taste, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by just how simple it is to make. Because I’ve used pasteurized powdered eggs in this recipe, there’s no cooking needed to create wonderfully rich and creamy ice cream. The powdered eggs are great because they last in the refrigerator for months, making them conveniently handy anytime you need them. I love vanilla ice cream because it’s so versatile and goes with so many of my favorite toppings! Try it topped with sugar-free chocolate chips and walnuts, toasted almonds, chopped peanuts, or keto granola. It’s also good with a spoon of raspberry jam on top. The possibilities are truly endless! Best of all, this ice cream is only 140 calories per serving, and one serving contains 0 carbs or sugar! Like most homemade ice cream, this ice cream is best when eaten on the same day it’s made.
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup powdered egg yolks
- 2 cups pasteurized heavy whipping cream, without additives
- 1 cup + 5 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. natural, non-GMO confectioners/powdered erythritol
- In a large bowl, combine the powdered egg yolks with 5 tbsps of water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and the remaining cup of water to the egg yolks, one cup at a time. Whisk well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and the powdered erythritol into the bowl. Whisk again to combine all the ingredients.
- Using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed, whip the ice cream base until it is frothy and thick. It will expand to nearly double. Do not whip it to the point of becoming whipped cream.
- Chill the ice cream base in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After the ice cream base has chilled, it will have thickened to a mousse-like consistency.
- Pour the mousse into your ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer’s directions for ice cream making.
- Place the finished ice cream into a covered freezer-safe container and freeze for an hour or two.
- Enjoy your incredibly delicious and creamy ice cream!